· Remain with the employer during the training period.
· Abide by the rules and regulations of the cooperating employer.
· Keep all business information of the cooperating employer confidential.
Coordinating work experience teachers are required to:
· Visit and assist employers in establishing training programs.
· Intermittently observe the student in the job.
· Cooperate with the employer in the evaluation of the student.
· Make every attempt to solve problems that may arise from the cooperating agency, school,
parent/guardian, student, or community.
· Provide meaningful in-school instruction related to the training activities of the student.
· Develop and implement an employability curriculum based upon pre-employment, employment,
and post-employment skills.
· Work with a local advisory committee to obtain assistance with the program.
· Provide general safety instructions to assist the student.
· Cooperate with the employer in further safety training.
· Develop a student selection process appropriate for the needs and desires of the students and the
opportunities presented by the cooperating employers.
Employers participating in a Work Experience Program will be required to:
· Provide a training program, with varied experiences, that will contribute to the education of the
· Provide supervision for the training of the student.
· Provide employment for the student during the agreed upon times.
· Adhere to all child labor laws.
· Provide for the day-to-day safety of the student on the job.
· Provide training to the student that matches learning experiences to individual student
· Offer a well-rounded variety of learning experience for the student.
· Develop a step-by-step training plan in cooperation with the student and the coordinating teacher.
· Maintain a physical and moral environment appropriate and beneficial to the student.
· Provide wages to the student which are comparable to those paid to similar beginning workers or
at an alternative "student rate" as provided for by either the state or federal government.