Cadence Mixed-Signal Circuit Design Environment User Guide
Interface Element Macro Models
Product Version 5.0
IE Model Files for Spectre Simulation
model file for SpectreS simulation is converted to a
file for Spectre simulation
using these steps:
1. Count parameters. The number of parameters in the
model file is the highest number
expression. The number of parameters in the corresponding
file is 1 less than
this number because the interfaceNet is a net and not a parameter in the
2. Choose names for the parameters in step 1. The parameter name for the A2D digital
destination must be
. Other parameters can use the same names as in the CDF
3. Change SPICE constructs to Spectre constructs. Any SPICE constructs that cannot be
converted must be enclosed between these statements:
4. Replace continuation characters. Change a trailing & character to a leading + character.
5. Enclose all components in an inline subcircuit construct. Use the IE model name for the
subcircuit name. Specify the analog interface net and ground in the subcircuit terminal
list. For example:
inline subckt MOS1_a2d (anode gnd)
6. Add the parameter declaration. Be sure to add the parameter
to A2D models. You
can also specify default values for each parameter.
7. Rename the IE primitive with the name of the IE model, such as MOS1_a2d. This
indicates that the IE primitive is the inline component.
8. Replace the
parameter, which represents the digital destination, with
Remove the quotation marks ("") from the
parameter value of the IE primitive.
9. Replace the
(unquoted) parameter, which represents the digital node, with
10. Replace the
parameter, which represents the interface net, with the string
11. Replace node 0 with
12. Replace parameters
and higher with the corresponding Spectre parameter names.
13. (Optional) Make cosmetic changes to improve readability. You can make cosmetic
changes after the model has been tested.