28 00 00 ELECTRONIC SAFETY AND SECURITY
June 16, 2009
NFPA 731: Standard for the Installation of Electronic Premises Security
BICSI's Electronic Safety and Security Design Reference Manual (ESSDRM)
Underwriter's Laboratories (UL) Applicable Standards
NECA 1: Standard Practice of Good Workmanship in Electrical Contracting
Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) Applicable Standards
Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) Applicable Standards
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Applicable Standards
OFPC Security Planning and Design Guidelines
The University of Texas at Austin Security System Alarm Policy
The University of Texas at Austin Minimum Building Security Standard
The University of Texas at Austin Security Standard Installation Practices
EXISTING SECURITY SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
Software General Electric (GE) Picture Perfect
Access Control - GE Micro/5
Intrusion Detection GE NetworX Series NX-8E
CCTV - American Dynamics Intellex Digital Video Recording System.
1. Only approved security contractors may perform work on UT Austin campuses. Refer to
the list of approved security contractors and instructions for becoming
2. A single security systems integration contractor shall provide the work specified in this guide and
have a minimum of five years experience in the fabrication, assembly and installation of systems
of similar complexity as specified herein.
3. The security contractor shall work directly for the GC and not as a subcontractor under another
4. The security contractor shall provide an installation that falls under the manufacturer's guidelines
for warranty and is certified to work on Micro/5 and NetworX Series data gathering panels
running on Picture Perfect software. These companies are referred to as "GE Picture Perfect
Certified Channel Partners".
5. The security contractor shall maintain a service facility and organization with staffing capable of
providing comprehensive maintenance and service for the specified systems within a 100 mile
radius of The University of Texas at Austin campus.