· Keep all medical and physical therapy appointments.
· Follow medical restrictions when at work and at home.
· Immediately notify his/her payroll supervisor of any problems that
arise relating to the injury or temporary assignment.
Health Services will
· Provide medical treatment for most employees with occupational
injuries and illnesses.
· Issue all medical restrictions for employees who are temporarily
disabled as a result of a work-related injury or illness.
· Communicate with the employee's supervisor and RTW manager
when medical restrictions are necessary.
· Send electronic and hard copy notifications of medical restrictions to
the employee, payroll supervisor, and RTW manager.
· Work with employees, supervisors, physicians, RTW managers, and
DMT members to address temporary accommodation issues.
· Maintain information systems to track all employees monitored in the
The RTW manager will
· Work with supervisors and line and senior management to assure that
the directorate/department accommodates temporary medical
· Prepare and issue a communication to the employee offering support
and introducing the RTW Program.
· Prepare and issue the Temporary Accommodation Agreement to the
employee, and forward a copy to Staff Relations.
· Prepare and issue notifications to employees when temporary
accommodations will end should the accommodation approach 90
· Prepare and issue notifications to employees of extensions of
temporary accommodations beyond 90 days when applicable.
· Work with the DMT and other RTW managers to find temporary
assignments outside of their own directorate/department when a
temporary assignment is unavailable within their own directorate or