· Share no medically confidential information with anyone at the
Laboratory without proper written consent from the employee.
C.2.7 Extension of Temporary Accommodations beyond 90 Days
The progress of each temporary accommodation will be closely monitored by the
DMT and directorate personnel and periodically reviewed prior to expiration.
Directorate managers may decide to continue the temporary accommodation
past 90 days only after consultation with the DMT. Extensions will be reviewed
periodically, but will not exceed a total of an additional 90 days. Directorates are
encouraged to provide such extensions when necessary, with the approval of the
· Prior to the conclusion of the initial 90 days of temporary accommodation,
the DMT will review each case and determine whether a continuation of
the accommodation beyond 90 days is reasonable to achieve the goals of
the RTW Program.
· The DMT will review these cases with the appropriate RTW manager. In
those instances where the DMT recommends continuation of the
restriction beyond 90 days, the RTW manager will ultimately decide
whether or not to continue the temporary accommodation.
· If the RTW manager decides to continue the temporary accommodation
beyond 90 days, the extension may not exceed an additional 90 days (total
of 180 days).
· A letter will be sent to the employee by the RTW manager stating that
his/her temporary accommodation will be extended beyond 90 days and
that the extension may continue for no more than an additional 90 days.
· The DMT will continue to track the case and continue with efforts to
return the employee to unrestricted work.
C.2.8 Exceptions to 90-day Temporary Accommodation Requirement
There may be situations where an employee will not be prepared to return to
his/her usual and customary assignment within 90 days and waiving the 90-day
accommodation requirement is appropriate. The DMT will be responsible for
determining when directorates may be granted an exception from the 90-day
1. An exception request may only come from the employee's RTW
manager or a member of the DMT.