will receive the vocational rehabilitation benefit provided by workers
RTW Roles and Responsibilities
C.4.1 Return-to-Work Managers
Each directorate shall appoint an RTW manager as the central contact for
implementing the RTW Program in the organization. The RTW manager will
work closely with payroll managers and supervisors from his/her own
directorate and will interface with RTW managers and supervisors from other
directorates as necessary.
· Establish relevant policies and procedures to implement the program
in each directorate consistent with the overall program guidance from
· Provide early case identification and intervention.
· Participate in training key personnel.
· Work with payroll supervisor and an upper management
representative from the payroll organization to coordinate the RTW
Program efforts, as well as on a case-by-case basis in the organization.
· Define the roles of managers and supervisors within their organization
under the RTW Program.
· Identify and track employees in their organization who are not
working or who have work restrictions because of a work- or
nonwork-related illness or injury.
· Work with payroll managers and supervisors who have employees
with temporary medical restrictions.
· Regularly communicate the status of employees with medical
restrictions or who are not working to upper management and the
· Commit the resources needed to advance the RTW Program.