19.5 What is not allowed with ResNet?
· Use Peer to Peer software
· Download pornographic or offensive material
· Share copyrighted files
· Use MSN video/voice messaging
· Connect network devices, eg a wireless router
· Run your own server
· Use ResNet for any commercial activities and financial gain
· Gaming is not supported on ResNet e.g. PS3 does not work on ResNet
Should you need further help on ResNet, please check www.uwe.ac.uk/resnet or e-mail
19.6 Laptop Clinics
If you have issues connecting your laptop to ResNet, please visit the IT Support Centre. If we are
unable to fix it there and then, we will book you an appointment at our laptop clinic that runs
Monday to Friday between 17:30 and 20:00 (term time only).
20 Wireless connectivity and Net Plus
Net Plus is a facility run by IT Services which allows students to connect their own laptops to the
UWE network utilising both wired (Net Plus Docking) and wireless (Net Plus Wireless) technologies.
20.1 Where can I use the service?
· All levels of the Bolland Library
· Frenchay Student Union bar (Escape bar)
· OneZone (Main Refectory) & OneZone Bar
· Main reception (1D11 & 2D11)
· Red Bar in the Frenchay Student Union
· The undercroft area (between A and L blocks; and between D and the exit towards Q block)
· New "Link" room between 1A and 1L
· Executive Development Centres (Rooms 2D73, 2D74 and 2D77)
· Exam and meeting rooms (3D33 and 3D36)
· Glenside Student Union
Bower Ashton Campus
· Bower Ashton Library