Get Connected! Telephones, ResNet, and UABWifi
If you will be living in a residence hall, we encourage
you to take advantage of the excellent package
of bundled services available to you though UAB
This package offers the most commonly-requested
features for one low rate of $26.95 per month. This
· unlimited local calls
· unlimited long distance in the U.S.
· caller ID
· call waiting
· last number redial
This package is a great value and compares favorably
with similar services available from local telephone
companies for $33.25 (before surcharges are added).
UAB also offers competitive rates for international
long distance service.
Getting phone service is easy!
Here is what you need to do:
1. Go to
click on the Telecom link.
2. Use your BlazerID and password to access the
Student Telephone Services form.
3. Choose your new account options and submit
4. You will receive an email confirming your
new phone number when your account has
been activated. This usually occurs within
24 hours, but you can also log back in to the
Student Telephone Services website to view this
5. Plug in your telephone and start talking!
Get Connected to UAB Telephone Service in the
· To place a local call, dial 9 plus the
· To place a campus call, dial the five-
digit extension (4-XXXX, 5-XXXX, or
· For all on-campus emergencies, dial
934-3535, or 911.
Online Telephone Directory
Managing your account:
Once you have an account, you can manage it
online. Using the Student Telephone Services form
) you can:
· view your current charges
· pay your bill
· make changes to your service
· move your service to another location
· disconnect your service
Our staff is available to assist you from 8:30 a.m.
to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please feel
free to contact us by phone (975-7262), email
(firstname.lastname@example.org), or in person. We are
located in Room 107 in the Continuing Education
Center (Cudworth Hall).