Southern Illinois University-Carbondale WED
Department of Workforce Education & Development
Typical Interview Questions
1. What is your job title?
2. What are your duties and responsibilities? [Big picture. i.e., an HR manager
has more responsibilities than just training)
3. What requirements (education or otherwise) did you need to get your current
4. What knowledge, skills, and attitudes are necessary for your position?
5. What do you do on a daily basis in relation to training (specifics related to
6. What was your starting salary and benefit package?
7. How has it changed over time?
8. How many people, if any, do you supervise?
9. What are their basic duties?
10. What knowledge, skills and attitudes are necessary for your fellow workers, if
different than yours?
11. How many people do you work with?
12. How does their position relate to yours?
13. How do you work together to accomplish training-related tasks?
14. How many projects are you currently working on?
15. Please describe 1 or 2 of these projects?
16. How long does a project usually take to complete?
17. What are some of the major challenges in doing your job?
18. What are some of the challenges in finishing projects on time?
19. What type of budget does it take to complete a typical project?
20. Who creates and approves the project budget?