What is the basic function of a media gateway controller?
Name at least three of the four signaling protocol options between an MGC and a
Give a primary function of an MGC regarding delay using the H.323 protocol on a
Differentiate RTP and RTCP.
In the SIP protocol, what are end-users called.
What are the two modes with which a caller can set up a call with SIP.
In MGCP gateways are expected to execute commands sent by
Megaco (H.248) is a call-control protocol that communicates between a
What are the two basic abstractions relating to the Megaco model?
A point-to-point connectivity must have at least
How are terminations referenced in Megaco?
1. Pulse Code Modulation of Voice Frequencies, ITU-T Rec. G.711, ITU Geneva, 1988.
2. G. Malkin, Routing Information Protocol, RIP Version 2, RFC 2543.
3. Packet-Based Multimedia Communication System, ITU-T Rec. H.323, ITU Geneva, 2000.
4. Speech Coders, Dual Rate for Speech, 5.3 and 6.3 kbps, ITU-G.723.1, Multipulse Maximum
Likelihood Quantization (MPMLQ), ITU Geneva, 1996.
5. Speech Coders, Algebraic Code-Excited Linear Prediction Coder, ITU-G.723.1, ITU Geneva,
6. 40, 32, 24 and 16 kbps Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation, ITU-T G.726, ITU
7. Coding of Speech at 16 kbps Low-Delay Code-Excited Linear Prediction (LD-CELP), ITU-T
G.728, ITU Geneva, 1992.
8. Reduced Complexity 8 kbps CS-ACELP Speech Coder, ITU-T Rec. G.729A, ITU Geneva, 1996.
9. Megaco Protocol, Version 1.0, RFC 3015, IETF Nov. 2000, www.RFC.editor.org.
10. One-Way Transmission Time, ITU-T Rec. G.114, ITU Geneva, 2000.
11. Nortel Paper on VoIP Performance, Nortel, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2000.
12. Digital Network Echo Cancellers, ITU-T Rec. G.168, ITU Geneva, 2002.
13. Gateway Control Protocol, ITU-T Rec. H.248, ITU Geneva, 2000.
14. Terminal for Low Bit-Rate Multimedia Communications, ITU-T Rec. H.324, ITU Geneva, 2002.
15. Narrowband Audio/Visual Communication Systems and Terminal, ITU-T Rec. H.320, ITU
16. Call Signaling Protocols and Media Stream Packetization for Packet-Based Communication
Systems, ITU-T Rec. H.225, ITU Geneva, 2001.
17. Control Protocol for Multimedia Communication, ITU-T Rec. H.245, ITU Geneva, 2001.
18. The International Public Telecommunication Numbering Plan, ITU-T Rec. E.164, ITU Geneva,
19. IEC Reports on-line. www.iec.org/online/tutorials, VoIP, Jan. 2003.
20. Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), Version 1.0, RFC 3445, Jan. 2003.