SETTING UP YOUR OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR
1. Position your unit near an electrical outlet in the room where you spend most of your
Keep the oxygen concentrator at least 5 feet (1.6 m) from hot, sparking objects or
naked sources of flame.
Do not connect to an electrical outlet controlled by a wall switch. No other appliances
should be plugged into the wall outlet.
2. Position your unit at least 6 inches (16 cm) from walls, draperies, or any other objects
that might prevent the proper flow of air in and out of your oxygen concentrator. The
oxygen concentrator should be located so as to avoid pollutants or fumes.
BEFORE OPERATING YOUR OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR
1. Before operating your unit, always check to be sure the air filter (located on the back
of your unit) is clean. Proper cleaning of this filter is discussed in the
Caring For Your
Concentrator section on page 7.
2. Attach the appropriate oxygen accessories to the oxygen outlet.
a. Thread the oxygen outlet connector onto the oxygen outlet.
b. Attach the oxygen tubing directly to the connector (F
If your physician has prescribed an oxygen humidifier as part of your therapy,
follow these steps:
a. Fill the humidifier bottle with distilled water. Do not overfill. (If using a prefill, go
to letter b.)
b. Thread the wing nut located on the top of the humidifier bottle to the oxygen out-
let so that it is suspended (F
4). Make sure it is securely tightened.
c. Attach the oxygen tubing directly to the humidifier bottle outlet fitting (F
3. Your physician has prescribed either a nasal cannula, catheter, or face mask. In most
cases, they are already attached to the oxygen tubing. If not, follow the manufacturer's
instructions for attachment.
4. Remove the power cord completely from the line cord strap. Make sure the power switch
is in the "Off" position, and insert the plug into the wall outlet. The unit is double
insulated to guard against electric shock.
(only 115 volt units) The plug on the DeVilbiss oxygen concentrator has one blade
wider than the other. To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit
in a wall outlet only one way. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
Improper use of the power cord and plugs can cause a burn, fire, or other electric
shock hazards. Do not use the unit if the power cord is damaged.
OPERATING YOUR DEVILBISS OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR
Oxygen causes rapid burning. Do not smoke while your oxygen concentrator is oper-
ating, or when you are near a person utilizing oxygen therapy. Keep the oxygen con-
centrator at least 5 feet (1.6 m) from hot, sparking objects or naked sources of
1. Press the power switch to the "On" position. When the unit is turned on, the Power
light will illuminate, and the patient alert system Service Required light and audible
signal will briefly alarm.
Do not lay the cannula down while the concentrator is delivering oxygen. High con-
centrations of oxygen can cause rapid burning.
O p e r a t i o n
E n g l i s h