trator's AC connector into a properly grounded power
1. Press the power switch to start the concentrator. There
will be a brief delay before the concentrator starts. The
alarm system emits a tone of one second duration, the
word HELLO appears on the hour meter LED panel, and
the green power indicator light illuminates.
ATTENTION: Every time the concentrator starts, the alarm
system performs a self test, and emits a brief tone. If
the alarm does anything other than emit a brief tone,
see Section 6, Troubleshooting Guide, and follow the
2. Turn the flowmeter knob to the setting prescribed by
your physician or therapist.
3. Turn the flowmeter knob until the flowmeter ball rises
to the appropriate line.
4. Center the flowmeter ball on the L/min line prescribed.
Damage: If the flowrate on the flowmeter ever falls below
0.5L/min, check tubing or accessories for blocked or
kinked tubing or for a defective humidifier bottle.
If using a humidifier bottle, the oxygen comes from the
humidifier bottle outlet.
5. Connect the oxygen tubing barb connector securely to
the humidifier outlet; the other end of the oxygen tub-
ing is used by the patient.
Turn off the power switch and unplug the concentrator's
AC connector from the power outlet.