Clean the side filters weekly. There are two side filters, one
located on each side of the concentrator cabinet. Perform
the following steps on both side filters.
1. Turn off the power switch and unplug the concentra-
tor's AC connector from the power outlet.
2. For earlier models, use a
small blade screwdriver
to open the air intake ac-
cess door; for later mod-
els, open the filter grill
(see Figure 2).
3. Remove the side filter
carefully with your fin-
4. Inspect the filter; if any
part of it is cracked or broken, replace it instead of
5. If cleaning, rinse filter well with clear water until all dirt
6. To dry filter, squeeze it carefully between two absor-
bent towels . Wait for filter to dry before installing
it in concentrator. When dry, install filter carefully as
shown in Figure 2.
Damage: Do not operate the concentrator without the
filters installed, or while filters are wet. These actions
could permanently damage the concentrator.
Damage: Please note that the side filters may require
cleaning more often, especially if the concentrator is
operated where the following conditions exist: