Installing Orion Network Configuration Manager
If you are using a local instance of SQL Server Express, use the
following syntax to use the default instance:
If you select SQL Authentication, provide an account with sufficient rights
to create new databases on the server instance. For example, specify
the SQL administrator (sa) account.
46. Provide the database name for your current Orion product
the one with
which you want NCM to integrate
and then click Next.
47. Create a new database account and password, or select an existing account
with owner rights on the database you created or selected. Then click Next.
48. Click Next after you are finished reviewing the Services to install.
49. Click Next after reviewing the Database and Services that will be configured.
The dual blue bars show progress and annotations of the wizards current
50. Click Finish when the wizard completes.
Orion Web Console launches.
51. Enter an appropriate username and password.
The default credentials are ,,
with no password.
Since this is the your first time logging, the software navigates to Discovery
Central and highlights Manage More Nodes under NCM Nodes. You may
need to scroll down to see this part of Discovery Central.
The current number of Orion Core nodes that NCM is managing is reported;
most likely the number is 0.
52. Click Manage More Nodes under NCM Nodes.
53. Use the Licensed by NCM column to review the NCM license status of Orion
[No Grouping] lets you see all devices in the list, which is useful for quickly
reviewing overall NCM license status (Licensed by NCM column).
Otherwise, select a Group by setting to organize the list as needed.
54. Click the relevant nodes and then click Add Nodes to NCM.
For these nodes you will see the status in Licensed by NCM change to Yes.
55. Click Yes when prompted to edit properties for the nodes you have added to
56. Click on a property group (for example Polling Method) and edit the setting