Installing Orion Network Configuration Manager
b. If you do not have access to the internet from your designated
Orion NCM server, select This server does not have internet
, click Next, and then complete the steps provided..
You need a customer ID and password to successfully install the key.
For more information, see the section "
Obtaining a Software License
14. Enter registration information, including your name and a valid email
address, and click Finish.
If licensing failed for some reason the software should automatically mark the
installation as an evaluation. You will have 30 days to enter valid license
15. Click Next after reviewing your progress in the Process Overview.
The first of the two configuration wizards launches The first wizard configures
NCM and the NCM database.
16. Accept the defaults (Database and Services) and click Next.
The Orion Network Configuration Manager Wizard starts running through the
Orion NCM database setup.
17. Specify the SQL Server instance you want to use for storing configurations
and node details, the authentication method (Windows or SQL Server
Authentication) used to communicate with the instance, and then click Next.
The SQL Server instance must support SQL authentication or mixed mode.
If you are using a local instance of SQL Server Express, use the
following syntax to use the default instance:
If you select SQL Authentication, provide an account with sufficient rights
to create new databases on the server instance. For example, specify
the SQL administrator (sa) account.
18. Click Create a new database or select the existing Orion NCM database you
want to use. Click Next when you are finished.
19. Create a new database account and password, or select an existing account
with owner rights on the database you created or selected. Then click Next.
Note: You must supply a strong password. For more information about
strong passwords, see
20. If all three Service Settings are selected, click Next.
21. Review the actions to be taken with the Database and Services, click Next.