Installing Orion Network Configuration Manager
17. Click Launch Orion Web and Finish to complete configuration and bring up
the Orion Web Console.
Repairing Orion Network Configuration Manager
If your installation is behaving abnormally, you can repair it by launching the
Configuration Wizard. Start it from the SolarWinds Orion Network Configuration
Manager program group in the Start menu.
Warning: If you install or make changes to Orion NCM Web, Configuration
Wizard will reboot your IIS server, shutting down all SolarWinds products on the
server during the configuration operation. Any websites hosted by the server will
be stopped and restarted during this process.
To repair Orion Network Configuration Manager:
1. Launch Configuration Wizard.
2. Select the components you want to repair or modify and click Next.
3. Specify the appropriate SQL Server instance and the authentication method
used to communicate with the instance, then click Next.
The SQL Server instance must support SQL authentication or mixed mode.
If you are using a local instance of SQL Server Express, use the
following syntax to use the default instance:
If you select SQL Authentication, provide an account with sufficient rights
to create new databases on the server instance. For example, specify
the SQL administrator (sa) account.
4. Select the existing Orion NCM database you want to use, and then click