Installing Orion Network Configuration Manager
5. Create a new database account and password or select an existing account
on the database server.
Note: You must supply a strong password. For more information about
strong passwords, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-
6. If you need to specify a particular IP Address for your Orion NCM Web
Console installation, provide the IP address you want to use for the Web
SolarWinds recommends that you retain the default IP address setting of All
Unassigned unless your environment requires the designation of a specific
IP address for your Orion Web Console.
7. Specify both the port through which you want to access the Web Console
and the volume and folder in which you want to install the Web Console files.
If you accept the default port or you specify any port other than
, you must
include that port in the URL used to access the Web Console. For example, if
you specify an IP address of
, the URL used to
access the Web Console is
8. Click Next. I
9. If you are prompted to use the existing website, click Yes.
10. Review the services the wizard will install, and then click Next
Note: If you want to use the Trap Viewer tool or trigger realtime configuration
change alerts based on traps, ensure the Windows SNMP Trap Service is
running. If the SNMP Trap Service is not listed as a running service in the
service control manager (
), you can enable Simple Network
Management Protocol in the Management and Monitoring Tools through
Add/Remove Windows Components in the Add/Remove Programs
For more information, see "
Error! Reference source not found.
page Error! Bookmark not defined.
Error! Reference source not
" on page
Error! Bookmark not defined..
11. Read the summary of what the configuration wizard will configure, and then
12. Review the Configuration Summary, and then click Finish.